The guidelines in this policy govern issues like acceptance of Advertisements by LendingTree, how Advertisements are displayed on the LendingTree Network, and the removal of Advertisements from the LendingTree Network. LendingTree has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other issues associated with Advertising on the LendingTree Network. LendingTree may change this policy at any time in its sole discretion by posting a revised policy to the applicable LendingTree Property.
Under no circumstances will LendingTree’s acceptance of any Advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that advertises, manufactures, distributes, or promotes the products or services.
LendingTree reserves the right to decide at any time in its sole discretion whether it will accept, reject, cancel, or remove Advertising from the LendingTree Network. LendingTree also reserves the right to make exceptions to this policy on a case-by-case basis.
Immediate Removal Criteria
Creative Best Practices
- Creative must be factually accurate and in good taste
- Creative and Landing Page must be clear about the item it is promoting, and offers must match
- Images must be clear (not fuzzy or grainy)
- Images must be correctly oriented (not upside down, sideways, oddly cropped)
- Copy must contain correct grammar, spelling, and limit the use of symbols and capitalization
- All claims must be factual, and not exaggerated or built upon a scare tactic
- Faux functionality is prohibited
- Excessive animation (< 15 seconds) and strobing/flashing in prohibited
- Adult products/services
- Content that targets Children
- Illegal activity
- Illegal or recreational drugs
- Gambling, lotteries, or games of skill
- Online dating
- Political campaigning
- Sensitive/Offensive content (profane language, gore, tragic events, insensitive/discriminatory messaging)
- Weapons, firearms, ammunition, explosives, or fireworks
- Weight loss