This Product Privacy Notice explains how LendingTree, LLC and its subsidiaries (collectively, “LendingTree”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process personal information on behalf of our business customers (“Partners”) in connection with our “Powered by LendingTree” suite of products and services that allows businesses the ability to integrate LendingTree services or features within their own websites (collectively, the “Services”). We provide these Services to our Partners pursuant to our platform integration agreements (“Agreements”) and Development Documentation.
In this Product Privacy Notice, we refer to our business customers’ consumers as “Consumers,” and use other terms as they are defined in our Agreements.
- Information We Collect
We collect information in accordance with the terms of our Agreements and Development Documentation. The information we collect may include Consumer name, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address, and Social Security Number. We may also collect information from Consumers as about their prospective co-borrowers and other individuals. We may collect additional details, such as demographic information, as directed by our Partners.
- How We Collect Information
We may collect information:
- From our Partners and their Consumers, including via Partners’ websites and our technology, such as APIs and SDKs.
- From Lenders and other third parties that provide financial products and services via the LendingTree platform (collectively, “Network Partners”), credit bureaus, and service providers; they may provide data on Consumers’ financial profiles, homes, or other demographic information, or information about Consumers’ interactions with these third parties and/or the Services.
- Via cookies and other tracking technologies, including web beacons, and similar technologies that record Consumers’ preferences, marketing email responses, and track the use of our Services.
- How We Use Information
We may use personal information to:
- Exercise our rights and obligations under our Agreements and Development Documentation
- Deliver Services and improve and develop our platform
- Personalize Consumers’ experience
- Operate and manage our business
- Create anonymized and/or aggregated data that does not identify our Partners or Consumers
- Comply with applicable laws and respond to legal requests
- Prevent or detect fraud or other misuse
- How We Share Information
- We may share information about Consumers with the LendingTree’s affiliates for the purposes set out in this Product Privacy Notice.
- We may share information about Consumers with Network Partners to deliver our Services. The Network Partners may use and retain information we share with them (e.g., via a QF a Consumer submits) whether or not Consumers ultimately obtains financial products or services from the Network Partners. These Network Partners’ processing of personal information is governed by their own privacy policies and privacy notices. LendingTree may also receive information from Network Partners, including the amounts or disposition of loans and other details about Consumers’ interactions with the Services. LendingTree and its Network Partners may exchange information about Consumers, their loan terms, or their accounts, including to provide information about financial services and products pursuant to our Agreements. LendingTree may maintain this information to assist with litigation, regulatory request(s), law enforcement requests, internal analytics, marketing purposes, and any other legally permissible purpose.
- We may share information with service providers that perform certain services on our behalf including, but not limited to, entities providing business analysis and/or website or product support.
- We may also disclose Consumer information at our sole discretion:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, a request for cooperation from a law enforcement agency, self-regulatory body, or other governmental agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as we reasonably believe is required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of the LendingTree business, our employees, or others; or to enforce our Agreements, terms and condition or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction involving the LendingTree, such as a sale of LendingTree or any entity, brand or division thereof, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or bankruptcy.
- In connection with state and/or federal licensing requirements.
We may also share information with third parties that is not personally identifying, such as aggregated or anonymized data that does not identify our Partners or Consumers, in our discretion, where not prohibited by law.
- Changes to this Product Privacy Notice
LendingTree has the discretion to update this Product Privacy Notice at any time, consistent with our Agreements and Development Documentation. When we do so, we will revise the date at the top of this notice.
- Consumers from Outside the United States
Our Services are governed by the laws of the United States, and not the laws of any other nations, and are intended for Consumers connected to the internet from a physical location within the United States only. We make no representation that our Services are operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation.
- Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule
This Services are not intended for individuals under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete the information. To notify us that we might have any information from or about a person under 18; please contact us at 1 (800) 555-8733.
- How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Product Privacy Notice, please contact your LendingTree business representative or reach us at:
11115 Rushmore Drive
Charlotte, NC 28277