Personify Financial Installment Loan Review
Editorial Note: The content of this article is based on the author’s opinions and recommendations alone. It may not have been previewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any of our network partners.
Personify Financial is an online lender that focuses on issuing installment loans for subprime borrowers. These loans can have exceptionally high interest rate loans (up to 179.99% APR), but they may make sense for borrowers who need to borrow money but don’t have access to other credit options.
Keep reading to learn more about this loan product.
- Personify Financial installment loan highlights
- Personify Financial at a glance
- Eligibility requirements
- What borrowers are saying about Personify Financial
- Applying for an installment loan from Personify Financial
- Who’s the best fit for a Personify Financial installment loan?
- Alternative loan options
Personify Financial installment loan highlights
- Subprime borrowers accepted: Personify Financial’s installment loan is designed to serve customers that may not qualify for personal loans or other low cost alternatives to personal loans.
- Term lengths vary by state: Borrowers can pay off their loan through equal payments over the course of 6 to 48 months, but the exact amount of time you have to repay the loan varies by state.
- 0.00% - 5.00% origination fee in most states: An origination fee is what you pay when you borrow money. Personify adds this fee to the amount you borrow, which increases your monthly payments.
- Loans funded in 2 business days or less: Personify aims to fund loans within one business day, which means you can use the funds quickly.
- Biweekly, semimonthly or monthly repayments: Personify offers a variety of repayment schedules, so you can match your payments to your pay schedule.
Personify Financial at a glance
- APR range: 35.00% to 179.99%
- Minimum credit score: Not specified
- Terms: 6 to 48 months
- Origination fee: 0.00% - 5.00%
By clicking “See Offers”, you may or may not be matched with any lender mentioned in this article. Based on your creditworthiness, you may be matched with up to five different lenders in our partner network.
|Terms||Fees and penalties|
- Minimum credit score: Not specified.
- Minimum credit history: Not specified.
- Maximum debt-to-income ratio: Not specified.
The installment loans from Personify Financial are designed for borrowers with limited or poor credit history. Because of that, Personify focuses more on your ability to repay a loan rather than your past credit performance. If you have a stable source of income, a checking account, and you live in a state where Personify lends, you may qualify for a loan.
Personify loans are available in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, Nebraska, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Washington.
What borrowers are saying about Personify Financial
People who worked with Personify Financial had a wide range of experiences. On the LendingTree platform, it has a 3.5 out of 5 stars across 22 reviews.
On the positive end of the spectrum, Randy from Kansas City, Mo., wrote, “Fast, friendly customer service and saved money by not having to waste gas driving around. Everything was efficiently handled online with no office visits. If the need arises, will definitely use their services in the future! Beats those payday loan and title loan companies, hands down! Highly recommend!”
However, not everyone was equally pleased. Several reviewers experienced website glitches during the application or repayment process. Daryl from Atlanta wrote, “From my first payment they were having issues with their billing system which made it look like I was not paying even though I had paid in full and on time.”
Applying for an installment loan from Personify Financial
You’ll have to apply for a Personify loan online and provide the lender with details including:
- Your name
- Social Security number
You’ll also answer questions about your income, where you’re employed and where you’d want the loan funds deposited.
If Personify can verify all this information without documentation, it will prequalify you to see offers. You can review the offers and decide whether the loan makes sense for you. If it does, you can submit an application and receive an official loan offer.
When Personify isn’t able to verify everything instantaneously, it will request for you to upload a few documents to its secure website. You may need to provide:
- Pay stubs
- Bank statements
- Copy of your state issued ID
If you have to upload documents, a person from Personify will have to review the documents. In those cases, it may take up to two days for Personify to offer a lending decision to you.
Personify funds its loans in one to two business days.
Who’s the best fit for a Personify Financial installment loan?
Personify Financial’s loans have high interest rates. This is typical among bad and no credit check loans. That’s because Personify’s loans are unsecured, meaning you don’t need collateral to secure the loan and that the lender is taking on more risk in lending to you.
Because of its high rates, this loan product is best suited when you’re in absolute need of funds. For example, if you need to pay for medication, put down a deposit on housing or pay for car repairs.
Be sure to review all your funding options before committing to a Personify loan. Consider whether you can sell something, borrow from friends or family or even take a cash advance from a credit card.
Alternative loan options
- APR: 15.49% to 35.99%
- Minimum credit score: 585
- Terms: 24 to 48 months
- Origination fee: 0.00% - 6.00%
Like Personify Financial, LendingPoint is an online lender that offers fast funding on approved loans; your loan may be funded within one business day if you’re approved.
LendingPoint is still an option if you have poor credit. The lender offers loans ranging from $2,000 to $25,000 to people with credit scores as low as 585. With rates ranging from 15.49% to 35.99%, loans from LendingPoint can be far more affordable than those offered by Personify.
- APR: 18.00% to 35.99%
- Minimum credit score: Not specified
- Terms: 24 to 60 months
- Origination fee: 1.00% - 10.00%
With rates that max out at 35.99%, personal loans from OneMain Financial may be much more affordable than those offered by Personify. However, qualifying with OneMain Financial isn’t quite as easy.
If you apply for a OneMain Financial loan, you have to meet with a loan specialist at a branch to complete your application. That means you’ll need easy access to a local branch in order to apply. However, once your loan is approved, it will likely be funded within a day.
- APR: 9.95% to 35.99%
- Minimum credit score: 580
- Terms: 24 to 60 months
- Origination fee: Up to 4.75%
If you’re someone with fair credit, Avant may be the right lender for you; most of its borrowers have credit scores ranging from 600 to 700. Given the modest interest rates, ranging from 9.95% APR to 35.99% APR, Avant’s loans are much less expensive than Personify Financial’s.
Plus, Avant’s borrowers can apply online and have loans funded by the next business day. It’s worth checking whether Avant will lend to you before pursuing higher rate options.